torsdag 29. november 2012

Byste/hode (keramikk)

Byste/hode (keramikk)
With the chest and head project I started whit this basic wooden stick connected to the wooden plate.  I then put baking paper , I think its called that in English so that it would be simpler taking the head of the stick. But the point of the stick is also to make the head and neck less massive so we put the stick there to make a massive hole. the clay is called "crank" it is rough and has many hard not very fine pieces of hardened clay  . It is put in there to make the clay shrink less when it gets dry.





 I used this kavalete to spin the head around so I could work in a simpler way, I didn’t always like using this sometimes I wanted the head steady and not moving. I didn’t use much of sculpting pins of any type I like sculpting with my finger I  get a better feeling of the clay and am able to do things more precise.


the eyes are closed because of the simplicity behind the closed eye and the mouth is shut and as u might see a slight glimpse of here is that he only has one ear. This came to me as a difficulty making complete replica of the left ear so I made a little bandage and put it over the right side this is a Van Gough   replica or at least  the ears.







The forward facing shoulders are the balancing of the head. The big breast muscles  are also a forward pivoting point in the picture  I tried to make as much contras between bones and muscles I wanted it to seam as lifelike as possible. the eyebrows brings a light shade down on the eyes which make the closing of them more  realistic and the chin is pushed up under  to make a shadow down on the neck as I said I tried to make as much contras between muscle tissue and bones which I think I got pretty well.

Agnar Einarsson

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar